With delicate fronds and a deep pink colour, Irish Moss has a long history in Western cuisine. It is a good gelling agent suited to desserts and savoury dishes alike. It is traditionally used in the treatment of colds. It is harvested by hand where it is cut just above the root to ensure the re-growth of the algae.
Wild Irish Seaweed Carrageen Moss Sprinkles 60g
- Has a soothing effect on the mucous membranes throughout the body. It has a softening effect on the tissues and helps many respiratory problems including bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Soothes the mucous membranes of the digestive tract and also has a mild laxative effect.
- Contains antioxidants to help fight free radicals.
- Has a large array of ionic minerals. Iodine being one mineral that supports your thyroid and many problems associated with poor thyroid function including fatigue, inability to tolerate cold, slow heart rate, low metabolism, poor skin and hair, etc.
- Used externally, it softens and soothes the skin. Put it on your wrinkles and any dark circles under your eyes! It also eases sunburn, chapped skin, eczema, psoriasis, and other rashes.